25 years

Friday, November 5, 2010

I was doing some searching today about others who suffer from Chiari Malformation and how long it took for others to receive a diagnosis. I hate to admit this, but I happen to rank near the top of the amount of time taken for a diagnosis to be made. In fact, I have had symptoms since I was born, over 25 years ago.

25 years is a long time to suffer from something.
25 years is a long time to battle.
25 years is a long time to have unexplained symptoms.
25 years is a long time to be sick.

I have spent the last 25 years of my life being ill. There haven't been many days in which I have been well. I want to be alive and see the next 25 years of my life. I want to experience health in the next 25 years of my life. And the only possibility for that to occur, is by having this surgery.

Thanks for helping me do that.