Another day...dealing with St. Joe's.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Well, today has been quite busy! My husband, Tim, and I were busy making phones calls, writing emails and visiting places to live. We have traversed all over both Prescott and Prescott Valley to handle all of these things.

A friend of ours contacted St. Joe's in Phoenix on my behalf today. Keep reading to see what they REALLY think.

St. Joe's doesn't believe that the money will be raised for my surgery.

St. Joe's stated that if I were to suffer from another stroke, that they would NOT expedite my surgery. In fact, all they would do is "revive me to an alert state".

St. Joe's told our friend that they help those who are trauma patients.

When asked if they would help me if I suffer from another stroke, they stated "not necessarily" because a stroke is not considered a trauma.

St. Joe's also believes that my surgery is ELECTIVE. My Neurosurgeon states quite the opposite. He says that it is "MEDICALLY NECESSARY FOR MY SURVIVAL". But the hospital sees it as something that I just want to do.

What have I learned from this experience today?
That the hospital billing department is in charge of the hospital.

Help me show the billing department that they are NOT right and that the money WILL be raised!
Thanks for all of your support!!!